Yoga for Sleep Recovery at Work
Are you (or your work force) struggling with sleep? Feeling agitated, anxious, sluggish, lethargic, whacked out, a bit off par, cream-crackered, erratic or just generally meh?
One in three of us regularly suffers from insomnia or disrupted sleep. The growing culture of our ‘always on’ working world is having an impact and creating costs in lost productivity, engagement, attendance and absence, and “fitness” to work for all employers.
‘The think-tank Rand Europe, for example, has estimated that poor sleeping habits cost the UK economy as much as £40bn a year, with tired employees being less productive and more likely to be absent from work. The UK loses some 200,000 working days a year because of insomnia and poor sleep, it has calculated.
Moreover, as a recent event for WPA by “sleep evangelist” Dr Sophie Bostock highlighted, sleep deprivation is connected to an increased risk of diabetes, cardiovascular ill health, breast cancer, stroke, diabetes, hypertension, accidents, infection, pain, cognitive decline, anxiety, depression, bipolar, schizophrenia, falls, addiction, and general early mortality.’
Sleep hygiene is becoming a very real and important consideration for employers and should become a key part of their wellbeing offering.
There’s so much that can affect our sleep, from the obvious biggies – caffeine, stress, over-active mind, to the more subtle influences – how we pattern our behaviour throughout the day and how we manage our energy.
The Yoga for Sleep Recovery at Work Course looks at all these factors and helps your team collate a sleep toolkit to effectively manage their energy stores, so that they can be bright and alert when they need to be and get proper restful sleep at the optimum time. No Yoga experience is necessary and this course is suitable for all but especially those who can struggle with sleep.
In this holistic approach you will be guided through simple and effective yoga techniques to combat fatigue and replenish the nervous system enabling you to find better, meaningful rest and get to be the brighter, shinier, more alert and more productive version of yourself – sounds good huh?
About Yoga for Sleep Recovery at Work
I trained with Lisa Sanfilippo, a psychotherapist and senior yoga teacher who founded the Sleep Recovery yoga therapy method for overcoming insomnia and improving sleep.
Yoga for Sleep Recovery is a five step yoga-based method for improving your sleep, deepening your rest and waking up happier every day.
We focus on these key areas:
1. Repair Your Body – learn how to pull tension out of your body and physically prepare for rest. We acknowledge any sleep saboteurs that may be getting in your way and discover your personal ‘sleep type’ so that you can begin to create a plan for your best rest.
2. Replenish Your Energy – learn how to sustainably put energy back on the grid to help you effectively manage your energy flow throughout the day so that you can best manage your workflow. Discover how to nurture your nervous system out of the stress response and into the relaxation response.
3. Reclaim Your Mind – discover ways to calm the chatter in the mind, creating a quiet corner for all the mental clutter to settle. We work with tools to aid mental digestion and help us think more clearly.
4. Restore Emotional Balance – when life hands you lemons, make a hot toddy! When we’re taking a battering, multi-tasking and feeling overwhelmed at work, we look at powerful ways to help acknowledge the turbulence and soothe our emotions, steadying the way for a more peaceful and productive sleep so that we can wake refreshed and ready for another day.
5. Reawaken Happy – sometimes our sleeplessness acts as the wake-up call we need to address any little chinks in our wellbeing. Look at this as a wellbeing m.o.t. By taking the time to re-centre yourself and address your physical, energetic, mental and emotional influences, you’re polishing your best self and helping it to shine bright at work and in life.
The Yoga for Sleep Recovery at Work course is best delivered as a 5 week plan but can also be offered as a 1 Day Workshop and can be tailored to suit your wellbeing at work calendar.
Please get in touch if you would like to chat about improving sleep hygiene within your workforce.
“Rosie’s Yoga for Sleep Recovery Course has given me a great toolkit to help improve my sleep. I’m no longer stressed about not sleeping and I am feeling fresher in the mornings as a result. Thank you!“
“The Sleep RecoveryCourse set me on a restorative and healing path as gently I began to incorporate the practices into my daily routine.”
“Rosie strikes the right balance between information and physical practices. Sleep patterns will go up and down but now I know I am prepared with the tools to acknowledge why I’m not sleeping well and help myself get back on track.“